Landscaping Jobs in Chilliwack | Vandenberg Landscapes
Our team is ready to serve you during COVID-19. Here’s How
Skip to main content

Careers

Work. Learn. Grow.

An exciting career in landscaping is waiting for you.

Why work at Vandenberg?

At Vandenberg, we want you to have a career in landscaping, not just a job. Our team has grown through the years because we make sure to give you the space to learn and grow. Once you’re a team member, we’ll give you clear pathways to advance and succeed. And the benefits don’t stop there.

  • Keep yourself and your family healthy.

    Health & dental insurance is available after your first three months of work.

  • Join us at company events.

    Whether a summertime barbecue, a team retreat to Whistler, a Christmas party or the activities in between, we have fun when the work is done for the day.

  • Use new equipment.

    Our equipment is upgraded each year and routinely serviced.

  • Don’t pay for uniforms.

    Stay sharp in your own set of Vandenberg uniforms.

  • Work consistent shifts.

    Work consistent, eight-hour shifts. And if you work longer, earn extra with paid overtime.

  • Get lots of room to grow.

    If there’s a skill you want to learn or a class you want to take, we’ll foot the bill.

Our Team Values

Get motivated!

The team you join is motivated and inspired by these four core values.

  • Respect

    We want to create the best experience for clients who are looking for a landscape.

  • Ambition

    We want to take risks and grow, creating opportunities for others while we do so.

  • Starting with Why

    We want to dig a little deeper, so that our clients feel heard, understood and cared for.

  • Gratitude

    We want to be motivated by thankfulness, appreciating every opportunity our clients give us.

Career Paths

See how you can grow.

Every job is part of a path where you grow as a person and as a professional. Discover how yours can become a career!

Life at Vandenberg

Take a peek at life on the job.

Don’t see a position for you?

We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. Use the form below to submit your resume and we’ll contact you if you’ve been selected for an interview.

X

Career Path: Carpentry

Team Member

Team Member

Team Members play a key role in supporting our masonry crew. Tasks include cutting & measuring materials, using power tools, framing and installing wooden structures. This is an ideal starting position where you'll learn about all aspects of carpentry.
Education:
  • On-job
Experience:
  • 0 years
Benefits:
  • Benefits after three months with the company
Apply
Carpentry Lead Hand

Carpentry Lead Hand

As you grow, the next step up is Carpentry Lead Hand. Your tasks are similar to team member tasks, but you'll also oversee and lead a crew. Part of that leading involves making sure your crew carries out their work technically, ethically and on time.
Education:
  • On-job
Experience:
  • 1 year
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
Apply
Apprentice

Apprentice

Take part in the day-to-day of the entire carpentry process for projects of all sizes. The best part? You'll get an education at the same time. Approximately 80% of your training will happen on-the-job with the other 20% done in school over two 12-week winter semesters. The skills you learn in class can be put to use on-site and to help teach other team members.
Education:
  • In-school training / On-job
Experience:
  • 2 years
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
Apply
Carpentry Foreman

Carpentry Foreman

As a Carpentry Foreman, you're responsible for projects finishing on-time and on-budget — something you'll work closely with the Project Manager on. An eye for details is critical here, but we're confident you'll have gained these skills in the years on the job-site leading up to it. Tasks include submitting timesheets, monitoring crew activities and keeping track of materials used.
Education:
  • On-job
Experience:
  • 4 years
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
  • Phone
Apply

Career Path: Landscape Construction

Team Member

Team Member

Team Members play a key role in supporting our construction crew. Tasks include getting job sites ready, operating equipment, installing hardscapes, plants, laying sod and moving materials on and off site. This is an ideal starting position where you'll learn about all aspects of landscape construction.
Education:
  • On-job
Experience:
  • 0 years
Benefits:
  • Benefits after three months with the company
Apply
Landscape Lead Hand

Landscape Lead Hand

As you grow, the next step up is Lead Hand. Your tasks are similar to team member tasks, but you'll also oversee and lead a crew. Part of that leading involves making sure your crew carries out their work technically, ethically and on time.
Education:
  • On-job
Certificates:
  • Class 3 License
Experience:
  • 1 year
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
Apply
Apprentice

Apprentice

Take part in the day-to-day of the entire landscape construction process for projects of all sizes. The best part? You'll get an education at the same time. Approximately 80% of your training will happen on-the-job with the other 20% done in school over two 12-week winter semesters. The skills you learn in class can be put to use on-site and to help teach other team members.
Education:
  • In-school training / On-job
Certificates:
  • Class 3 License
Experience:
  • 2 years
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
Apply
Landscape Foreman

Landscape Foreman

As a Foreman, you're responsible for projects finishing on-time and on-budget — something you'll work closely with the Project Manager on. An eye for details is critical here, but we're confident you'll have gained these skills in the years on the job-site leading up to it. Tasks include submitting timesheets, monitoring crew activities and keeping track of materials used.
Education:
  • On-job
Certificates:
  • Class 3 License
Experience:
  • 5 years
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
  • Phone
  • Company vehicle
Apply
Project Manager

Project Manager

Project Managers oversee every landscape construction project from start to finish. Tp thrive in this role, you'll need to know what goes into every aspect of landscape construction — from hardscaping, to softscaping and specialized trades like carpentry and masonry. Multi-tasking, an eye for details and punctuality to get tasks finished on time are musts. You'll also be resonsible for leading, teaching and coaching foremen, team members and other subcontractors involved in projects. Effective communication with designers, clients, sales consultants, suppliers, and co-workers is crucial.
Education:
  • 10+ years of on-the-job experience
Certificates:
  • Class 3 License
Experience:
  • 10 years
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
  • Phone
  • Company vehicle
Apply

Career Path: Stone Masonry

Team Member

Team Member

Team Members play a key role in supporting our masonry crew. Tasks include mixing mortar, cutting brick & stone, moving materials on and off site and helping maintain and clean, safe job site. This is an ideal starting position where you'll learn about all aspects of stone masonry.
Education:
  • On-job
Experience:
  • 0 years
Benefits:
  • Benefits after three months with the company
Apply
Masonry Lead Hand

Masonry Lead Hand

As you grow, the next step up is Masonry Lead Hand. Your tasks are similar to team member tasks, but you'll also oversee and lead a crew. Part of that leading involves making sure your crew carries out their work technically, ethically and on time.
Education:
  • On-job
Experience:
  • 1 year
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
Apply
Apprentice

Apprentice

Take part in the day-to-day of the entire stone masonry process for projects of all sizes. The best part? You'll get an education at the same time. Approximately 80% of your training will happen on-the-job with the other 20% done in school over two 12-week winter semesters. The skills you learn in class can be put to use on-site and to help teach other team members.
Education:
  • In-school training / On-job
Experience:
  • 2 years
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
Apply
Masonry Foreman

Masonry Foreman

As a Masonry Foreman, you're responsible for projects finishing on-time and on-budget — something you'll work closely with the Project Manager on. An eye for details is critical here, but we're confident you'll have gained these skills in the years on the job-site leading up to it. Tasks include submitting timesheets, monitoring crew activities and keeping track of materials used.
Education:
  • On-job
Experience:
  • 4 years
Benefits:
  • Health
  • Dental
  • Uniform
  • Phone
Apply